I’ve hacked more than a dozen iPhones for people here Moscow. Each time I do it, I have to remember the steps to fix certain problems. So, I’m going to document them here for my own benefit and perhaps for your benefit, too.
- Turn off iPhone.
- Hold down “Home” button while connecting iPhone to dock or cable.
- Restore to 1.1.4 using latest version of iTunes (7.6.2).
- Run ZiPhone. (I had to run it twice last time to get Installer to appear.)
- Connect to a wireless network. (Might be easier with no password.)
- Install Community Sources using Installer.
- To fix “Call Forwarding Active” message:
- Add source: http://www.sendowski.de/iphone
- Install ForwardMSGFix in Tweaks 1.1.3
- To display contact name instead of number for international numbers (+1.234 567.8901)
- Install AppSupport Patch 1.1.4 by timschuerewegen
- To add russian keyboard
- Add source: repository.ripdev.com
- Install Mobile Enhancer
- Install Русская клавиатура
That’s what I do. Takes about 10-15 minutes.